Experience European history from three different angles.
In Paris, feel the echoes of the Revolution in the Place de la Concorde. Munich’s charming Glockenspiel and cobblestone streets transport you back to the Middle Ages. In between, the spectacular mountain scenery of Lucerne belongs to no particular era; the grandeur and beauty of the Alps are truly timeless.
Day 1: Fly overnight to France
Day 2: Paris
– Meet your Tour Director at the airport in Paris, the City of Light.
– Take a walking tour of Paris.
– Visit Notre Dame Cathedral, where you can admire its sculptured facade, stained-glass rose windows, and seemingly weightless vaulted ceilings.
Day 3: Paris
– Take an expertly guided tour of Paris: Place de la Concorde; Champs-Élysées; Arc de Triomphe; Les Invalides; Eiffel Tower.
– Time to see more of Paris or
Day 4: Paris
– Visit the Louvre, which is home to treasures like Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
Day 5: Paris | Lucerne
– Take a day train from Paris to Switzerland, where the majestic Swiss Alps rise behind the shores of Lake Lucerne and provide the stunning backdrop to one of Switzerland’s most picturesque cities.
Day 6: Lucerne
– During your tour of Lucerne, you’ll see the poignant Lion Monument, or Löwendenkmal, a sandstone statue commemorating the Swiss Guards slain in the 1792 Paris storming of the Tuileries. Follow Lucerne’s winding cobbled streets past fairy-tale houses to the Chapel Bridge, or Kapellbrücke. Stroll along this covered bridge, which dates back to medieval days, and admire the colorful murals overhead.
– Time to see more of Lucerne or
enjoy a Swiss Alps experience.
Day 7: Neuschwanstein | Munich
– Make a stop in Liechtenstein.
– Travel to Neuschwanstein.
– Visit Neuschwanstein Castle.
– Travel to Munich, where you’ll experience the medieval to the modern.
Day 8: Munich
– Take an expertly guided tour of Munich: Olympic Stadium; Residenz; Marienplatz.
– Visit Dachau, a WWII Nazi concentration camp built in 1933 and liberated by the Allies in 1945.
It now serves as a memorial museum.
– Take a walking tour of Munich: Frauenkirche;
Day 9: Depart for home