Belize Traveler’s Meeting Notes
- Communication Information
- Remind- text @tytbelize to the number 81010
- Mrs. Burkhardt- 410-924-3655
- Mrs. Strother- 410-353-4773
- Apply for your passport if you do not already have one.
- If you already have one, ensure that it is valid through January 2020
- All passports must be confirmed by January 1st Click here to confirm your passport
- Need to sign Liability Waivers- Login to your EF account to complete or Click here to for a printable version
- Tips for this trip are $80 per traveler ($10 per person, per day), which is $1280 for our current group.
- Tips are for our Tour Director, local guides, and bus drivers
- Our goal is to fundraise for this complete amount. We have successfully done this for all previous trips without asking students to sell anything!
- Major Fundraisers:
- Across the Bay 10K (see info below)
- Community Yard Sale
- St. Michael’s Running Festival (May 2019)
- We can decide if we need to complete additional fundraisers in January.
***Brad’s tip incentive- If you refer 3 friends to sign up, he will personally cover your tips*** 🙂
- Friday, Oct 12- Yard Sale Setup, 5pm – 7pm @ Elks Lodge
- Drop off items and help set up. You do not need to stay the entire time.
- If you can’t make it that day, but still want to bring items, contact Mrs. Burkhardt or Mrs. Strother to make arrangements.
- Saturday, Oct 13- Yard Sale, 7am – 11am @ Elks Lodge
- Students can earn volunteer hours (will verify from EHS whether or not hours will qualify for ‘service-learning’)
- Saturday, Nov 3- Across the Bay 10K Expo, 9:30am – 2pm OR 1:30pm – 6pm @ Navy Memorial Stadium
- 40+ volunteers needed
- Sign up Online at http://ironman.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?start_over&id=26604&
- We’re signing up for the “Expo- Packet Pick Up” shifts.
- You may sign up for either or both shifts.
- Use “Talbot Youth Travel” as the name of our club/team
- Volunteers can also include friends and family (each volunteer you bring counts towards your tips)
- Sunday, Nov 4- Across the Bay 10K Race Day, times and locations vary
- 5 volunteers needed
- Use link above
- We’re signing up for the “VIP” activities