Last Meeting: (MANDATORY)
THURSDAY, JULY 5 @ 6PM IN THE ELKS BALLROOM
- What to bring to the meeting:
- PASSPORTS- FOR ALL TRAVELERS
- Any electrical items you’re unsure of taking
- Send a selfie to Mrs. Burkhardt (410-924-3655) and add the following info: name, age, something about yourself to share with the Louisiana group.
- If you didn’t sign the thank you cards, please stop by my classroom to do that.
You do not need to be “connected at the hip” to your chaperone, but they must know where you are at all times.
- Caroline M.
- Taylor J.
- Annie W.
- Caroline S.
- Taylor B
- Anna H.
Use this link to sign up to carpool. Carpool Sign Ups
- Arrival time- 1:00 pm
- Exact location- TBA after we visit the airport
- Parents are expected to park and meet with a chaperone before leaving. If they wish, parents may stay until the entire group is there and ready to go through security.
- Arrival Home:
- Meet in the baggage claim for the flight. They will be posted by flight number at the airport.
- Parents must meet with a chaperone before leaving with your child.
- Iris Andre
- I’ll have more details on her later, but she is an experienced EF tour director with positive reviews from former traveler from our area.
- While on tour we will be posting every day our social media feeds.
- Follow us on:
- Travelers- tag us by using #TYTRome
Student Behavior Expectations:
- Students are expected to be on their best behavior at all times.
- Students must be in groups of at least 3 at all times. You are only alone in the bathroom.
- No students may consume alcohol at all while we are on tour, even if a parent is present.
- Students must stay in their rooms after room checks each night.
- Any behavior violations will result in a phone call home. Depending on the violation, students may be sent home early at the parents’ expense.
Adult Behavior Expectations:
- All adults on the trip are chaperones first and foremost. This is not a vacation.
- Adults will be assigned students to keep an a close eye, but will always be doing head counts. (Our group is 36 travelers including all adults.)
- All activities are mandatory. Adults may not opt out of participating.
- Adults may consume alcohol in moderation at meal times or after lights out.
- Like students, if behavior gets out of hand, you can be sent home early at your own expense.
- Both Rome and Athens use a Type C plug and run on 230v..
- Read Brad’s article on electrical requirements for detailed information
- If you want exchange any money beforehand and didn’t bring it to the meeting, let Nori or Shelley know as soon as possible.
- Make sure you let the bank know you are traveling.
- US cards will work in European ATMs.
- I have been in contact with the new group leader; she seems super nice.
- We’re “adopting” this group in with us, since they’ve had a group leader change.
- Do not have your phone out while tour guides are talking. They will make sure that you have time to take photos.
- If you still have questions about cell phone plans, read Brad’s article.
Dietary Restrictions: (For both adult and student travelers)
- It is your responsibility to contact airlines with any food restrictions.
- For picky eaters of all ages, our rule of thumb is that you must try at least one bite; you don’t have to like it- just try it. (Excluding dietary restrictions of course!)
- Bring a good pair of supportive walking shoes. The terrain in Athens is very uneven.
- Roll your clothing to make it fit! YouTube Tutorial
- Carry-on only on the way there. You may check a bag on the way home.
- We recommend purchasing a collapsible duffel similar to this one to use as your checked bag.
- Size restrictions- Carry-on bags: 1 personal item & 1 bag (22 in x 14 in x 9 in)
- You are also allowed a personal item (a backpack or purse)
- All liquids must fit in a single quart size bag, each bottle is 3 oz. or less. Make sure this bag is easily accessible in your carry-on.
- Make sure you have appropriate clothes for our visit to the Vatican.
- Shoulders and knees covered
- Vatican Dress Code
- Stay aware of your surroundings.
- Stay in at least groups of 3.
- Pay attention to your intuition- if something feels off, get a trusted adult, and/or draw attention to yourself
- Do not put your phone or wallet in your back pocket! If you want an under clothing wallet, here’s a link to one on Amazon, but they are also available at Target in the travel section. There are also “pickpocket proof” purses. They are not required by any means- just showing options. (There a lots of different options if you search ‘pickpocket proof’ on Amazon, some more hilarious than safe…)
Updated Tips Chart:
- We will update when we receive the payment from the Running Fest.
- We will handle organizing all of the tips.
- All tips must be paid by the July 5 meeting.
(all tips raised)
|$36||No tip money raised yet|
|Will B.||Connie R.||Cevera T.||Adrianna H.|
|Emma M.||Kelly K.||Caroline S.||Caroline M.|
|Emily S.||Theresa K.||Evelyn C.||Lily O.|
|Dayja D.||Adrienne H.||Evan G.||Michaela R.|
|Taylor J.||Taylor B.||Olivia T.||Darby T.|
|Bethany D.||Barbara B.||Courtney S.||Ramona H.|
|Shelley S.||Matt H.||Annie W.||Karin O.|
|Nori B.||Katherine K.||Ellie W.||Jamie W.|
|Brad B.||Tahreem H.||Fischer H.|